This is so gorgeous, chocolatey and dairy free, you will find it hard to believe that it is also so easy!
360 grams of baked sweet potato – 3 or 4 large sweet potatoes should give you a good yield.
N.B. it’s hard to predict exactly how much you’ll get, I advise making extra as sweet potato is such a lovely veg to eat mashed anyway and you can always make some sweet potato brownies! You are half way there once you’ve made the ganache!
60 grams coconut oil
45 grams cacao (I use raw cacao powder, some cocoa powders aren’t as strong so you may need more)
100 ml date syrup (you could use less, taste as you go along!)
100 ml oat milk
1/2 – 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1) Wash and slice lengthways your sweet potatoes (I cut mine width ways too if they’re big as it’s easier to cut lengthways then and they fit on the tray easier). Remember, if you have spare ganache you can always hop over to my sweet potato brownie recipe!
2) Place potatoes face down on a well oiled (I use a suitable for baking olive oil) baking tray and bake for about 30 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius. They are cooked when a skewer or fork slides in easily, all the way to the tray.
3) Once out of the oven scoop out the sweet potato from the skins and put the yumminess into your Pyrex jug. Add in coconut oil and stir through until melted. I would advise melting the coconut oil if life means that the sweet potato has cooled a bit (as your ganache will be smoother for it).
N.B. your ganache will combine better if your sweet potato is at least warm.
4) Now add in your date syrup and cacao and blend with your blending stick. You could use a food processor; I just find the stick and jug method a lot easier (and less washing up!) so it’s a bit of personal preference.
5) Finally add in your oat milk and vanilla extract and blend some more.
6) Now try not to eat it.
7) If you’re using your ganache to decorate a cake it will firm up quite quickly once in the fridge and even at room temperature on a cool day, so do it quickly. On the other side of the coin, you may also want to add in less oat milk if you want to decorate it immediately!
Enjoy! You won’t regret trying this!!